Last but certainly not least… a sweet treat to end your night… Here’s some recipes for holiday dessert staples…
Sweet Potato Pie
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
To prepare crust:
- Combine flour and sugar in bowl.
- Add milk and oil to flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until well mixed. Form pastry into smooth ball with your hands.
- Roll ball between two 12-inch squares of wax paper, using short, brisk strokes, until pastry reaches edges of paper.
- Peel off top paper and invert crust into pie plate.
To prepare filling:
- Combine sugars, salt, nutmeg, and eggs.
- Add milk and vanilla. Stir.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well. Putting it together:
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 16 slices.
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen** deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
**To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet. If pie crust is over browning, cover edges with foil. **
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup peach nectar
- ¼ cup peach juice reserved from
- 2 16-ounce cans of peaches, packed
in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon tub margarine
- 1 cup dry pancake mix
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 o F.
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and juice in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray 8-inch-square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour hot peach mixture into dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk. Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into eight squares.
Recipe Link: Dessert Links
Also published on Medium.